Rishikesh in One DayRishikesh is a holy place sited on the parallel banks of the popular river Ganga. In between the thick forests and hill region this place plays a significant role. The land of Hindu culture, faith, saints and trust in god is round the year jam-packed of tourists. However, Rishikesh is known as a doorway for the prevention of problems and gain of wealth plus health.
This beautiful city is situated in Garhwal Himalayan region and it is a circuit way to major pilgrimage destinations in India i.e. Kedarnath, Gangotri, Char Dham, Badrinath as well as Yamunotri. Today more than religious reasons, people are curious to visit Rishikesh because of adventure sports that are offered by professionals.
Rishikesh is dedicated for Lord Shiva follower’s popularity in and around the region. Next to Haridwar, this place is very much prominent for meditation, Baba Ram Dev Ashram and adventure destinations. Hence, those who are in search for “moksha”, believe to take a holy bath in the Ganga River during the afternoon and evening aarti. The most eminent temples in Rishikesh are Swarg ashram, Bharat Mandir and Gita Bhawan.
Suggested Itinerary for Rishikesh
- Departure- from New Delhi bus station you will start your journey in non AC bus or AC bus. The time taken to reach Rishikesh from New Delhi city is around 8 hours.
- Arrival - at Rishikesh bus station, bus will leave all passengers from where tour guide will take you the camps that are located near the banks of river Ganga.
- Breakfast - at 10 am breakfast is served to the tourists as per the package. The breakfast is served for 1 and half hour and after that you will proceed towards adventure spots.
- Trekking - is done during early hours to avoid direct sunlight. Adventure lovers would love this activity which is executed under the supervision of trekking experts. the top mountain peak from where ganga river and Laxman Jhula is visible is the final check point for trekkers.
- Lunch - there are small restaurants and Maggie points at high peak of Rishikesh mountain. There you can have lunch at your own expense. The time given to do lunch and relax is 1 hour.
- Laxman Jhula visit - the bridge is like a swing which is protected by wide ropes from both the sides. The breeze and force of gravity is so much that when people walk on the bridge, it certainly starts swinging. From gateway of Rishikesh city you can take a jhula walk towards temples that are situated on the other side.
- Temple - people who are willing to take blessings of gods in variety of temples in Rishikesh can attend the sandhya aarti.
- Camp fire - at the time of evening you can enjoy bonfire, with snacks, drinks and dance. The amazing cool wind nearby river banks is awesome in experience. Dinner is served in dining area in one of the main camps by the trip administrator.
- Departure - after a night stay in camp, tourists are asked to get ready for departure from Rishikesh to leave for New Delhi.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0