Shopping in RishikeshShopping for souvenirs and other items exclusive to that destination have always listed high on the itinerary of every traveler. Rishikesh too has a lot to offer in terms of shopping especially due to the commercialism sneaking into the lifestyle of the people of Rishikesh. Being a popular tourist destination, Rishikesh offers a wide expanse of items in its markets for the tourists as souvenirs and gift items.
A simple guide of what to buy and from where is listed below for your preferences
- Spices near the Swarg ashram: - Good quality spices are sold at very low prices near the Swarg Ashram at the stalls. The tourists and locals can pick up their choice of spices ranging from cardamoms, cinnamons, cloves, cumin, caraway etc. Even though they are kept in open and sold open, they pack a heavy punch in terms of aromatic flavors.
- Laxman Jhula Market: - support the local community by shopping at the flea markets in Laxman Jhula. A great place for some heavy bargaining the stalls sell a lot of brassware, trinkets, ornaments. Clothing stores and local craft stores can be found in dozens which offer a great variety of handmade things from beautifully embroidered clothes to various trinkets for gifting and souvenir purposes.
- Street stalls: - pooja items and rudraksha malas can be found in plenty of stalls at the stalls in the local markets. While some shops may quote higher prices, bargaining is a must if you want authentic items in cheaper rates.
- Parmarth niketan ashram: - if you want to shop for gems and trinkets in particular then the Parmarth niketan ashram is a shoppers' delight with some amazing finds in terms of semi precious stones and jewelry.
- Swarg Ashram: - a few kilometers away from the Laxman Jhula, the Swarg Ashram is a great place for buying artifacts, clothes, trinkets and statues. The best time to shop here would be early during the day as the prices are cheaper.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0